It's Bill Granger's Banana Butterscotch Pudding.
The reason I put this off for so long is I wasn't sure it'd work with any of the egg substitutes I'd used before. When I got a bottle of Just Egg from the US, I thought I'd maybe try that. But actually in the end I didn't, I just used a good old flax egg!
I made a few subs:
- I subbed a flax egg (1 tbsp. ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp. water) for the hen egg
- I subbed Oat Milk for the cow juice
- I subbed Naturli butter blocks for the dairy butter
- I also subbed self-raising flour for the plan flour + baking powder, as I'd run out of BP
- AND I used golden syrup; the link above says corn syrup, which isn't a thing in the UK and also, when Rachel Allen made it, she used golden syrup.