Recipe Link: Veggie chilli with crunchy tortilla avocado salad
Actual Time Taken: about 30 minutes
- I didn't have an ancho chilli or a chipotle. Or even a fresh one (I suck I know) so I used sriracha, a healthy dose of it!
- I didn't make the salad, I put some cubed up avocado on top to serve instead and served the crunchy tortilla strips on the side.
- I substituted soya yoghurt for the fat free dairy yoghurt called for.
- I didn't have passata so I subsitituted a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes that I whizzed in the processor after the base mix was done and also added a good tbsp of tomato puree and about half of the empty tomato tin's worth of water.
- I left out the coriander because I didn't have it.
- I didn't have wild/long grain rice mix so I used a pack of ready made brown basmati.
Yummy & filling and easy. Will definitely make again as it's meant to be made.
See ya tomorrow!